Friday, March 8, 2013

OMFG Series 4 Submission

So I noticed on the OMFG boards that finished sculpts get a lot more attention than illustrations or concepts. Designs that may have been overlooked before are suddenly must-have mini figures as soon as they are shown that they can be scuplted. A finished palpable figure is what a lot of voters need in order to be interested in what you have to offer.  Then again, I may have no clue what I'm talking about, which is mostly the case.

Either way, I've been wanting to learn how to sculpt my own mini figures for awhile now, regardless of acceptance by this little toy/art community (as important it is to me).  This is Eyeleen, but I've been calling her She-It, as in "Sheit, man, what the fuck is that?!?" She's a couple inches bigger than a mini figure, but I'll get more accurate.  I wasn't quite ready to go that small yet.  I don't think I have the right kind of tools or clay. But I am getting better. Tell me what you think if you have a moment to kill.











And don't forget, the deadline for submissions is March 31st. Right after that we'll be voting for our top 5 characters we'd like to see as OMFG mini figures.  Please don't forget to stop by http://www.octobertoys.com/forum/, register, and vote for my BrainWaves character and now possibly She-It.  Thanks guys.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Joe, what kind of clay are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. I'm using Original Sculpy. She's almost 4 inches tall. I'm just gonna keep at it and try new things. I'm looking into Tap Plastics for materials on casting. If you weren't so busy I'd be bugging you constantly for advice...be thankful.

    ReplyDelete